Columbus Board of REALTORS
In 2011, the Columbus Board of REALTORS®, a non-profit professional trade association, celebrated its 103rd anniversary of unprecedented service to the real estate industry and to the community. They needed their web site to meet and exceed the expectations of their 6,300 realtor members as well as be a tool to retain and educate existing members and attract new realtors at the same time.
- This active organization needed powerful web software to manage their 400 pages of content, 700 news articles, 50 monthly events / classes, 1000’s of event photos and traffic of more than 10,000 page views per day.
- The organization presents over 40 classes each month for its membership and the general public and needed a secure platform to quickly and easily promote those classes, schedule them and take online registrations with payments.
- They were also looking for a kiosk calendar display system, linked to the class schedule, for their lobby and classrooms.
- Their mobile membership needed their website to be “smart phone / Blackberry friendly” so they would be able to utilize its real estate search features on the road or with a client.
The ZOOM CMS 3.6 content management system with optional modules provided the Columbus Board of Realtors the easy-to-use tools they needed at a price point that was comfortable to the entire dues-paying membership.
- The Professional Development department now has an online self-registration and payment system that allows members to sign up and pay for classes using an e-commerce portal. The department is able to import an entire year’s worth of class descriptions and then select when and where those classes will be held, what the registration deadlines are, class fees, class size limits and when the classes should disappear from the calendar. The same class descriptions can be re-used time and time again making the administrative job quite simple.
- This calendar is also linked to a 60” plasma TV display hanging in the lobby so that visitors to the Columbus Board of Realtors headquarters can see a listing of all public events in the building. Projectors mounted in classrooms are connected to computers that display the same calendar of events until such time as the instructor begins a presentation on that computer increasing awareness and attendance.
- Single sign-on programming connects the internal Membership Database authentication with the site so that a member has one username and password to access MLS, member-only data and event registration.
- This same e-commerce module gives members access to a shopping cart where they can purchase books, forms and other essential tools for the successful real estate professional. Online donations are also accepted.
- For those members who use smart phones / Blackberry, the site is optimized for them and automatically detects the device and allows a single log-in to access all features of the system, including the secure MLS database.